• Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here

• Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 4th of July Special Offer **LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS** Guest! You can upgrade your account today and unlock member only features of the site and remove all Google/Amazon ads! Click here to learn more. Thanks for supporting the club!

1989 power door locks, keyless entry, seats not working

rossb0350
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I recently bought a 1989 Thunderbird that had been setting with the moon roof leaking for a couple yrs. was really musty smelling with actual mold growing in places. several of accessories do not funtion or make any noise like their trying to function. electric door locks, keyless entry, rearview mirror lights, electric seats wont move forward or backward but you can hear the seat motors trying to do something. could these all be attributed to the moisture from the leaky moon roof, like maybe rusty contacts that i could clean up?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yes they can. Start at the fuse box. The seats you probably need to remove and clean the rust out of the tracks if the motors are trying.

Back