1986 turbo flooding

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
W
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
gas is flooding in spark plugs and oil pan. can anyone give reasons for this.thanks

Could be several things, excessive fuel pressure/ bad regulator. If not running excessive cranking can do this. Faulty ignition may be a factor here also. Does it have spark?

gas is flooding in spark plugs and oil pan. can anyone give reasons for this.thanks
If it has gas in the oil pan the seal's in the fuel pump might be bad and leaking into the pan. Spark plugs will usually get wet with gas and foul out if the car is what we call flooded. Make sure the choke is held open a bit and hold the throttle to the floor and try to start it after you dry out the plugs and use an air hose to dry out the cylinder before reinstalling the plugs. Or leave the plugs out for awhile and the cylinder will dry out by themselves

Let me add another idea, that is a belt driven camshaft. When was the belt last checked or changed?

Do a leak down check on your injectors there should be no drop in pressure when you check. Injectors get stuck open sometimes and your car problem would be one of the indications simply put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel tap crank the car over shut the car off, it should hold pressure if the pressure goes down it’s either the fuel regulator or the injectors. After you isolate the problem, make sure you drain the oil and replace it.

Back