1978 Ford Thunderbird power driver's seat

J

John R. Dulin

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1978 Ford Thunderbird with a faulty driver's power seat switch. I have had it fixed four or five times. The seat, when fixed with work for maybe a few days or perhaps a week and then quit. The Switch and plate can be removed cleaned and reinstalled and it will work again for a couple of days, maybe a week and then stop working again. Does anyone know of a manual driver's seat seat tract that I could install so that the driver's seat could be adjusted forward and backward.

Try carid.com I just seen a universal one on there for $38.00

I drive a 1979 Bird as a daily driver and have experienced some issues with my power seat switch. Kept draining the battery. Didn't understand how it could be the source of a drain since it is so primitive in design. But after too many battery drains, I changed it out (used a unit from a 80's Ford LTD (Grand Marquis will also work). Problem solved.

I drive a 1979 Bird as a daily driver and have experienced some issues with my power seat switch. Kept draining the battery. Didn't understand how it could be the source of a drain since it is so primitive in design. But after too many battery drains, I changed it out (used a unit from a 80's Ford LTD (Grand Marquis will also work). Problem solved.
Any kind of drain no matter how small will kill the battery. I have the same issue with my 1969 tbird where if I leave the battery connected while she sits the battery will go dead. No idea yet where the power draw is. Good luck finding your issue

Back