1976 460 Vacuum diagram

BigDaddy66
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi fellow tbirders! I recently picked up a 76 third, and I get a pretty dramatic hesitation on acceleration. I have rebuilt the carb and stopped the gas leaks. Now I am looking at the vacuum lines. I want to be sure I am plumbed properly. Can anyone share a decent vacuum diagram? I’ve attached a photo with the lines marked. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance!
photostudio_1625922387845.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Great job on the picture. A dramatic hesitation is most likely the result of an accelerator pump that is plugged or inoperable. I'm betting just going down the road or very soft acceleration it runs fine.

Please use the four digit model year in your subject as prompted. This aids with site searches and Google. It's a 1976. Updated.
I edited the white background sides off your photo so it appears larger in the feed. Thanks for sharing that.

model-year-TBF.jpg

Last edited:
Great job on the picture. A dramatic hesitation is most likely the result of an accelerator pump that is plugged or inoperable. I'm betting just going down the road or very soft acceleration it runs fine.
Thanks Harley! Yes , smooth as silk after takeoff. I know I replaced both the diaphragm and the plunger when I rebuilt it. Maybe I need to check those out again. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks again! Here’s a photo of the shiny side!

78B99805-6BE1-48DA-B222-7D656C1C1F21.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I inserted the photo into your post using this method:

Check the holes where the fuel squirts from, they could be plugged up.

Hi BigDaddy66, did you ever get any diagram from someone? I would gladely see a copy of it.
Cheers from Sweden!

Hi BigDaddy66, did you ever get any diagram from someone? I would gladely see a copy of it.
Cheers from Sweden!
No I didn’t. I assumed mine was correct. I resolved my issue with these in place. I had a crack in the carb. A little JBWeld to the rescue! My hesitation is gone completely.

Back