1970 Tachometers & installation

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Something which I can find nowhere on the net, is a 67 - 71 Tbird with a tach installed.
Does anyone have any idea which one best suits and best fitting position for it ?!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

they only came with speedometers not tachometers. People have installed aftermarket tachometers to them. Check out some YOUTUBE videos on them. Why would you need a tachometer on it anyway unless you're going to be racing it at the track?

I know this, this is why i'm asking if anyone has installed a decent tach which suits the age and interior.
I want one for all the reasons apart from racing....

I know this, this is why i'm asking if anyone has installed a decent tach which suits the age and interior.
I want one for all the reasons apart from racing....
There is NONE. No one that I have spoken to or known to have a vehicle like this has ever done some custom job. Perhaps something could be done with the clock as in replacing it with a tachometer, but I haven't seen one. Aftermarket is your only source, and they look pretty gaudy placed on the console or dash. Not that there is any real room for a tach. As mentioned above why do you want one? Are you racing with it? Bouncing it off the line? Otherwise a tach will do very little as these cars and their BIG engines were NEVER meant for speed in any sense. They were slow turning torque engines. Meant to pull boats or trailers or waste a lot of gas cruising down the road. Also remember the transmission too was never really designed for modern highway speeds either. The C6 was a 3 speed transmission. First and second being very quick before you hit 3rd.

Back