1969 classic Insurance w/o garage | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1969 classic Insurance w/o garage

GratsundFreunden

GratsundFreunden

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
So I'm trying to get by 1969 4-Door Bird insured. Problem is that all of the classic insurance companies require the car be stored in a locked garage, which I unfortunately do not have the privilege of owning. I've searched for external storage spaces to try & remedy this but they require that the car ALREADY be insured & registered, putting in a sort of loop. Am I cooked? What do y'all think, any ideas to solve my problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Try this, got to the facility that rents the garage and explain your situation. Tell them you will rent the space but not bring the car until you can provide the insurance info. Once you have the rental agreement you should be able to buy the insurance policy.

So I'm trying to get by 1969 4-Door Bird insured. Problem is that all of the classic insurance companies require the car be stored in a locked garage, which I unfortunately do not have the privilege of owning. I've searched for external storage spaces to try & remedy this but they require that the car ALREADY be insured & registered, putting in a sort of loop. Am I cooked? What do y'all think, any ideas to solve my problem?
Better look at all the restrictions on the policy, driving restrictions , replacement value, stated value or book, plate type requirements. Where I live it’s not worth the problems with that type insurance, also most companies require 2 independent appraisers statements.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back