1967 thunderbird about to go on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JetDragon125

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am going to be helping sell my wifes cousins fathers, 1967 one owner thunderbird 4 door and wanted to get some ideas of what its worth and to see if i can get some interest. I will be going to see it tomorrow in SC and take some initial pictures so if theres anything in particular that i should be looking for let me know. This is what I know so far. Its yellow, 4 door, the owner bought it new in detroit in 67. It sounds like he kept a good bit of paperwork and kept it in good shape. He just passed away but he has kept it in running condition over the years. I'm not sure when the last time he drove it, or if its drivable at this time, but was told the battery is dead. I know I'm not giving you much to go on at this time but will follow more info and pictures. Also where are the best places to advertise? Thanks!

Heres some good info i pulled off of other threads but if theres anything else let me know:

"Check for frame rot and underneath. Biggest most important places. Door jambs, rockers. Quarter panels. Bottoms of the doors, trunk. Lift up the carpet if you can. Get underneath and look. Check the oil, pull a plug and look to see what they look like. See if the trans isn’t leaking. Can do the same for the rear as well."

"Take out all the plugs and squirt some wd-40 into each hole and turn it over without the plugs in it to loosen everything up. That's a long time to be sitting and never started or ran. put the plugs back in and hit the throttle a couple times to make sure the choke is shutting all the way correctly. You might have to give it a couple squirts of starting fluid the first time you try and start it to prime the carburetor. If it starts let it idle a long time to loosen & lubricate everything up."

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am going to be helping sell my wifes cousins fathers, 1967 one owner thunderbird 4 door and wanted to get some ideas of what its worth and to see if i can get some interest. I will be going to see it tomorrow in SC and take some initial pictures so if theres anything in particular that i should be looking for let me know. This is what I know so far. Its yellow, 4 door, the owner bought it new in detroit in 67. It sounds like he kept a good bit of paperwork and kept it in good shape. He just passed away but he has kept it in running condition over the years. I'm not sure when the last time he drove it, or if its drivable at this time, but was told the battery is dead. I know I'm not giving you much to go on at this time but will follow more info and pictures. Also where are the best places to advertise? Thanks!

Heres some good info i pulled off of other threads but if theres anything else let me know:

"Check for frame rot and underneath. Biggest most important places. Door jambs, rockers. Quarter panels. Bottoms of the doors, trunk. Lift up the carpet if you can. Get underneath and look. Check the oil, pull a plug and look to see what they look like. See if the trans isn’t leaking. Can do the same for the rear as well."

"Take out all the plugs and squirt some wd-40 into each hole and turn it over without the plugs in it to loosen everything up. That's a long time to be sitting and never started or ran. put the plugs back in and hit the throttle a couple times to make sure the choke is shutting all the way correctly. You might have to give it a couple squirts of starting fluid the first time you try and start it to prime the carburetor. If it starts let it idle a long time to loosen & lubricate everything up."
Hi. I had a 1967 two door hard top a few years back. Make sure the sequential tail lights work. There's a box of gears, solenoids and motors in the trunk and you'll have to replace it if the lights do not function properly.
1967Thunderbird.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If the older system doesn't work scrap it and get the 1969 and up solid state system. Then you don't have to worry about that old cam and solenoid crap.

Did Ford made it solid state original from 69 on ? Or do you mean this aftermarket stuff they sell now for 229.00
All model 1969 year Thunderbirds built during 1969 calendar year (as you know model year vehicles are built the year before their release), were equipped with the solid state sequential turn signal system. There is even a specific flasher can designed just for this system. (which you cannot get anymore.). Some of 1969 models even came with an early anti-lock brake system as well as an optional power sun roof.

Last edited:

Did this sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back