1967 headliner advice

D

Dlammey1967

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Recently purchased a T-bird am in need of advice about the headliner with the console center? As of right now I have not taken down the old one but it needs to be replaced. My question is does it have the bows behind it? Is it on a board or something behind the vinyl? and how hard is it to find the red \ maroon vinyl to replace it? does anyone know if they make a headliner kit for these Birds?
Pictures of what I have in there now are attached and would like to go back with the same. It is just short in some parts and need to be replaced

Attachments

• 1967.jpg
    1967.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 19672.jpg
    19672.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 7
  • 19673.jpg
    19673.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 7

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good morning. My recollection is that there are (2) molded fiberboard panels that had a thin layer of foam / glue that is now dust - which explains why the moon crater vinyl is around your ears. I have been told that what needs to happen is that both panels need to come out of the car, lay the moon crater stuff to the side and use a broom or brush to thoroughly remove the dry dusty foam. Either reuse the headliner you have or get new material. Use a headliner spray adhesive and reassemble all. Hope this helps. Please let me know if anyone else knows of a different/better way.

Good morning. My recollection is that there are (2) molded fiberboard panels that had a thin layer of foam / glue that is now dust - which explains why the moon crater vinyl is around your ears. I have been told that what needs to happen is that both panels need to come out of the car, lay the moon crater stuff to the side and use a broom or brush to thoroughly remove the dry dusty foam. Either reuse the headliner you have or get new material. Use a headliner spray adhesive and reassemble all. Hope this helps. Please let me know if anyone else knows of a different/better way.
You are correct. Just use plenty of glue

Back