1966 trunk lid operation

T

Tbirdal

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
When I activate the convertible top down switch the deck lid does not open. When I manually open the deck lid, the convertible top goes down and then again up. It appears the console switch and lid limit switches are operating and I can’t believe both up/down deck relays failed. I thought about the neutral safety switch, but then again would the convertible top go down/up if that was the problem? Could it be a circuit beaker ?

When I activate the convertible top down switch the deck lid does not open. When I manually open the deck lid, the convertible top goes down and then again up. It appears the console switch and lid limit switches are operating and I can’t believe both up/down deck relays failed. I thought about the neutral safety switch, but then again would the convertible top go down/up if that was the problem? Could it be a circuit beaker ?
I have a 65 and it never had a manual for any functions. Has this been added ? One way to see if neutral safety is culprit is when trying top w/ switch and it fails to move try starting engine without moving shifter. Do you have a C6 trans or the cruiseomatic? Most c6 safety is mounted on trans

Thanks for the reply - I have a cruiseomatic Tran. I have successfully got the top to operate. Can't pinpoint exactly what I did to accomplish same.

Isn't the steering wheel supposed to be tilted to the side and car in park for the system to function correctly?

Back