1966 Transmission leak

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a Tranny leak on my newly purchased 66 Thunderbird. I was going to change the gasket but noticed the lip is bent also. Anyone have an opinion on the subject? It's the Cruise-o-matic Tranny. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190428-144421.png
    Screenshot_20190428-144421.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 3

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Put the model year in the subject on future posts. I added for you.

Attachments

• model-year-TBF.jpg
    model-year-TBF.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It looks like the bent lip on the transmission pan could have been caused by an improperly placed transmission jack or some other support fixture. Looking a little closer at your picture I believe the transmission leak is originating from the manual shaft/throttle shaft seals and not from the pan gasket. Either way the transmission pan will have to be removed to replace the manual shaft/throttle shaft seals.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

It looks like the bent lip on the transmission pan could have been caused by an improperly placed transmission jack or some other support fixture. Looking a little closer at your picture I believe the transmission leak is originating from the manual shaft/throttle shaft seals and not from the pan gasket. Either way the transmission pan will have to be removed to replace the manual shaft/throttle shaft seals.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Thanks for the input. It's hard to tell with all the crud under there. I'm cleaning it out little by little. Thanks again.

Back