1966 Tbird Power window issue

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Have you checked power windows relay? I beleive its right by the fuse box if i remember right. I sold my last 65 along with the shop manual

The windows motors snd tracks require maintenance. If you don’t, and enter the phase of “tribal fonzi” where hitting it “jars” it loose, you should remove the door panel snd check connections clean and lube tracks, identify bad rollers snd replace, maybe even adjust the spring.
OP’s window relay may be dirty or going out also.
There aren’t any really complicated systems in there, but the parts wear out. Such as mentioned before, the bumper was too short.

I was told that the window motors build up with dirt and or oil and by slamming the door while holding the switch loosen the dirt therefore the motor will run. I have done this a number of times and seems to work

I was told that the window motors build up with dirt and or oil and by slamming the door while holding the switch loosen the dirt therefore the motor will run. I have done this a number of times and seems to work
I removed the motors and opened the gears. The grease had hardened into a clay like goo. I cleaned that and had motors working. Lots of fine tuning later snd they are reliable now.
The grounds are suspect, and on my 66 the relay is on the firewall near the brake booster

Back