1966 Smog Delete, Engine Photos Needed

BennettThunderbird

BennettThunderbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone have photos of a 1966 Thunderbird engine (mine is a 428) with AC but without a smog pump? I’m trying to find what original pulley was used as a tensioner. I have removed all of the smog equipment, but want to replace the smog pump with an original tensioner pulley. I tried to gut the smog pump as mentioned in other threads, but it’s too rusted inside. Thank you!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I recently acquired a 1966 Landau with the 428 and AC. The smog pump was removed, and the belt (I think it's for the AC) is in the trunk. I called the Bird Nest in Oregon, and they have an idler/tensioner pully that should mount where the pump was. I haven't ordered it yet, but I will over the winter.

I recently acquired a 1966 Landau with the 428 and AC. The smog pump was removed, and the belt (I think it's for the AC) is in the trunk. I called the Bird Nest in Oregon, and they have an idler/tensioner pully that should mount where the pump was. I haven't ordered it yet, but I will over the winter.

Thank you so much! I sent them a request for more information and model number.

Back