1966 restomod update

Steeletbird

Steeletbird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
hi there guys ...i know its been a longtime coming ...WAYYYYYYYYYYY bigger job than i anticipated ( isnt it always) wanted to update you on my restomod on my 1966 tbird ... look at the before and after pics.... let me know what you think .... like the rebuilt, balanced and buit 390 4 V with SCJ special ordered valves, planed the heads to accomodate them and mild to med cam .... special pistons bearings etc.... it sounds AWESOME .. with sanderson headers ....

https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...s/albums/restomod-update-for-1966-tbird.1046/ to my library ....

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

house of colours paint job on engine bay BEFORE i installed engine, ( bodyshop did me a favor to paint it for me hell of a deal )

ALL NEW sheet metal on the floor pans, tunnel repair, rear driver qtr panel, trunk floor, that is sound proofing material, doing a rear disc brake conversion all new front suspension, air bag suspension in front, LED light conversion on ALL lights from pacific lights,
engine upgrades include complete engine rebuild ( cost me wayyyyyyy more than i planned but i'm not doing it half baked i'm all in Lol SCJ valves ( special order) heads ported to accept them, bored out to maxx capability, mild to medium cam, cholley 650ccfm road warrior carb, electronic ignition, high volume electric water pump and fans for cooling rebuilt tranny ..... sanderson headers to 2 1/2 in pipes

That all sounds great! Did you do the metal work yourself?

That all sounds great! Did you do the metal work yourself?
actually, yeah i did .... i bought a welder from harbour freight the

VULCAN OMNIPRO 220 Industrial Multiprocess Welder with 120/240V Input​

and taught myself how to weld on this car lol !!! practiced on scrap metal until i was good enuf ( that subjective lol ) to weld and took my time it actually worked out pretty good that welder made it easiER and saved me from myself .... i used the gas version WAY better job ... the grinder is my best friend lol my friend rebuilds motors for a business ..... he did that .....

Good for you! I have my eye on a '57 right now that's basically complete. It's been sitting about 30 years and is in poor condition. The only noticable thing missing is the whole left rear quarter panel. If I find one I may get serious about the car. I've been wanting to do a quarter panel replacement myself...

Good for you! I have my eye on a '57 right now that's basically complete. It's been sitting about 30 years and is in poor condition. The only noticable thing missing is the whole left rear quarter panel. If I find one I may get serious about the car. I've been wanting to do a quarter panel replacement myself...
classic sheet metal has all the metal pieces u need at great prices... thats where i bought ALL my metal he has great discounts too ..twist his arm ..tell him i referred you for my 66 tbird

in charlotte NC

Back