1966 new brakes & suspension

cwink5
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Have 1966 with 390. What do I need to do about brakes? Also suspension what do I need about that. I have a Shop & all necessary thing’s necessary besides experience/Skill so will be doing what I can but I don’t have a shop I trust so getting all the parts & taking in to specifically put them on makes me feel more comfortable.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Have 1966 with 390. What do I need to do about brakes? Also suspension what do I need about that. I have a Shop & all necessary thing’s necessary besides experience/Skill so will be doing what I can but I don’t have a shop I trust so getting all the parts & taking in to specifically put them on makes me feel more comfortable.
Here is what I did to my '66: (1) added new gas shocks all around, (2) added a larger front anti-sway bar, (3) added a new anti-sway bar to the rear, (4) added disc brakes to the rear with a larger brake master cylinder, & (5) added new rear springs. My T-Bird handles like what you think a luxury car should.

Here is what I did to my '66: (1) added new gas shocks all around, (2) added a larger front anti-sway bar, (3) added a new anti-sway bar to the rear, (4) added disc brakes to the rear with a larger brake master cylinder, & (5) added new rear springs. My T-Bird handles like what you think a luxury car should.
Appreciate that, what sorta cost did all that run you? I’m trying to focus on just getting everything to a reliable point before Doing “upgrades” I guess. Personally I don’t mind if it rides like a drunk horse just as long as it’s “healthy”. That may just be my inexperience and ignorance showing, I am also planning on getting a parts 66 T-bird I haven’t found one yet but i remember them not being very expensive so for like 2k just have for convenience

Don't recall the cost because it was done over an 18 month period. (1) Anti-sway bar: Carolina Swaybar Mfg Inc - (828) 733-0808, (2) Rear Disc Brakes, Dual Master Cylinder, Rear Springs, Gas Shocks: Summit Racing - (800) 230-3030

Back