1966 Landau Trim Codes

BigDaddy66
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
OK - here is a a good one!
I just picked up a 1966 Landau, The VIN is 6Y87Q108661.
The data plate says:
Body: 63D, Color L, Trim K8, Date 23J, DSO 81, Axle 11, Trans 4.
This is a really interesting car. Attached is a photo of the data plate and the car.

My question - I have never seen a Landau without a vinyl top. Did they make them? The car does not have a vinyl top, and PO insists it is original (however the PO is not the ORIGINAL owner). So if it is a true Landau - what color should the top be? If it is a two-tone - why does the data plate say single color?
TIA!
upload_2018-10-22_7-1-43.png
upload_2018-10-22_7-3-25.png

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

That is one of the really interesting things about this car - it was ordered before they were available. Date code is September 23. 10/21/65 must be the delivery date.

It could be a special order car, since rust under vynal roofs wasn't uncommon. In addition the roof could have been painted at a later date.

My car was ordered with 14 inch wheels and 1963 hudcaps and appears on the factory build sheet as "Special Order".

My car was purchased by a United Nations diplomat which also shows on the factory build sheet under a special order code.

I bought the car from him in 1967.

So if I wanted asylum, could you grant me diplomatic immunity in your flair bird?:)

So if I wanted asylum, could you grant me diplomatic immunity in your flair bird?:)

Sure you could become a new Canadian and one of God's frozen people too! LOL

There's a caravan of thousands of American's marching north to our southern border as we speak. Ya'll come, were open to new rich American's; bring money!!!

Back