1966 heater core replacement

Sun lover

Sun lover

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to replace the heater core in My 66. I have the old one out and I am looking for advice on the best quality replacement available. Any suggestions? I certainly don't want to tackle this job again!

I agree. Removing the heater core is a pain in the ass. To make future removal easier I eliminated the need to access the back screws by installing a retainer clip at the back. I just slide the core in and the clip holds the back end in place.

Attachments

• DSC01373-1.jpg
    DSC01373-1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC01374.JPG
    DSC01374.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
I agree. Removing the heater core is a pain in the ass. To make future removal easier I eliminated the need to access the back screws by installing a retainer clip at the back. I just slide the core in and the clip holds the back end in place.
Sounds like a good idea! It took Me all day to remove the heater box. Where did You purchase the replacement core?

I need to replace the heater core in My 66. I have the old one out and I am looking for advice on the best quality replacement available. Any suggestions? I certainly don't want to tackle this job again!
I'm trying to find a video or instructions as to how to remove the heater box on my 1964 bird .

I went to "birdnest" to get my replacement for my 65. Works fine

Back