1966 headlight installation tip | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1966 headlight installation tip

• Thread starter Thread starter autocthon
  • Start date Start date
autocthon
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Just a small thing. Spent 2 hours trying to replace a burned out headlight (apparently I'm very maladroit at this) the chintzy ring around the headlight bulb was giving me fits trying to clip it on. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't like all my GM's. So I went to a 66 El Camino and got the headlight bucket from it. Found that the ring has 3 tabs, so I bent one down for the spring, lined up the other two on the tabs for the steel bucket where they slip into the adjusters, drilled a hole in each of those tabs corresponding to the chevy ring (they lined up perfectly) and the headlight went in easily. It seems just as secure as it ever was.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post, choose a title that summarizes what your post is about. Your title 1966 headlight has been revised.

model-year.jpg

Even the GM headlight rings can be the dickens to install...they had screws that you had to engage while fighting with a retaining spring, a royal pain.

Back