1966 Fresh Air Vent?

BigRob89
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I’m looking for a replacement for what I assume is some sort of fresh air vent. Anyone have any idea what it is for sure and where I could get a replacement hose?

Attachments

• FEC7A758-AA06-4354-8DDF-744F5522D625.jpeg
    FEC7A758-AA06-4354-8DDF-744F5522D625.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I’m looking for a replacement for what I assume is some sort of fresh air vent. Anyone have any idea what it is for sure and where I could get a replacement hose?

If you took the picture from above and beside the the hood hinge, (which it looks like) the "hose" you are referring to is the left side water drain hose from the area under the cowl just below the windshield. It is a short piece, as your is, and flattened at the end. If yours is in good shape, you don't need to replace it. There is a similar one on the right side of the fire wall, and also, two drain hoses at the rear of the car, to drain any water from the flow-thru vent area below the back window. You can see them from inside the trunk, tucked in at the back of each corner. Flat black with a bit of an "S" curve in them.

Thanks! You described exactly what it is. I just assumed it was some sort of fresh air vent or something. I wouldn’t have realized that it was for drainage. Both are in pretty rough shape and full of holes. I’ve got the motor out for a rebuild and figured I’d clean up as much while it’s out as possible.

Back