1966 drivers side power window motor

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
how exchangeable are ford power window motors with mercy or the 1966 bird
What sources are out there

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

how exchangeable are ford power window motors with mercy or the 1966 bird
What sources are out there
first things first; Are you sure it is the motor?
Pretty much the same. I suggest two things: 1. If you don't have a service manual get one. If you think it is too expensive , it is not in return for the information you are provided in the manual. Get a factory manual just for your car, not an aftermarket one that covers many cars.. 2. look up the part at various parts houses, on ebay, or the many online sales outlets. Look up you application and see what other applications this motor is applicable to. I am not specifically familiar with your car. I can tell you that for the 71-73 Mustangs replacing the motor requires drilling out the original mounting studs and drilling access hole to allow bolting in the replacement motor. This is because the inner door panel is attached to the outer panel after the window mechanism is attached to the inner panel. A common problem in these motors is that there are 3 plastic rods about 1/2" long that are usually white plastic and the plastic disintegrates over time even if the motor is good. I have never seen these pieces sold separately although they may be or were. If the motor is good I replace the three plastic pieces and reuse the original motor keeping the donor motor for parts.
good luck to you. J.

first things first; Are you sure it is the motor?
Pretty much the same. I suggest two things: 1. If you don't have a service manual get one. If you think it is too expensive , it is not in return for the information you are provided in the manual. Get a factory manual just for your car, not an aftermarket one that covers many cars.. 2. look up the part at various parts houses, on ebay, or the many online sales outlets. Look up you application and see what other applications this motor is applicable to. I am not specifically familiar with your car. I can tell you that for the 71-73 Mustangs replacing the motor requires drilling out the original mounting studs and drilling access hole to allow bolting in the replacement motor. This is because the inner door panel is attached to the outer panel after the window mechanism is attached to the inner panel. A common problem in these motors is that there are 3 plastic rods about 1/2" long that are usually white plastic and the plastic disintegrates over time even if the motor is good. I have never seen these pieces sold separately although they may be or were. If the motor is good I replace the three plastic pieces and reuse the original motor keeping the donor motor for parts.
good luck to you. J.
Thanks have the factory manual trying to determine what exchangeability exists motor is rusted under the rubberized coating and not rebuildable someone must have had changed one in last 50 yrs dorman isn’t specific enough to help sure some modification will be necessary

Call local NAPA store and ask for the correct part. Then look up the part online and see other applications. Look up on ebay and see what other applications are used. Find someone with a Hollander interchange manual. Contact a wrecking yard with your need They will have a Hollander and can tell you if they have what you need.
good luck, J.

Back