1966 door panel removal

mnhijazi
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi I need to remove the door panel. Can anyone please show me how to remove the vent window crank handle and the interior door latch? I do appreciate the help. Thanks in advance

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There is a small u shaped clip holding it on. Look between the panel and the window handle. You’ll probably see the small flared ends. You need to use a pick to spread the clamp and pop it off. Picture of the clips attached
A77A74CA-B78C-42AA-962C-1A7DE2DAD43E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a tool you can buy for around 10 that slides between the panel an handle the pope out the clip holding the handles on or if you have a long neddlenose that can grab on clip an pull off

Hi I need to remove the door panel. Can anyone please show me how to remove the vent window crank handle and the interior door latch? I do appreciate the help. Thanks in advance
You will get more replies if you pick better subjects. "1966 door panel" could mean anything. I added the word removal to summarize your post.
model-year-TBF.jpg

@MARK w I inserted your photo into your post using this method:

I have figured it out there is a clip for the crank vent window and the door handles screws heads were stripped. I got it.....

The tool Marc refers to is available at most real auto parts stores. it is relatively inexpensive. It is used to push the clips off the handle from the area under the handle. Tell the pats store guy what you need to do and he can find it for you and should be able to describe how the removal is done.

Back