1966 cat whisker" weather stripping window installation

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can new "cat whiskers" (the piece on the outside of the door, shielding the window channel from water) be installed without dismantling the interior door? I found two screws (pics) that look like the only things holding it in place, and both are accessible with the window rolled down. One at the back side of the door, one at the front. Just unscrew them and install the new piece?

Cat whisker.jpgCat whisker1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

On future posts, use the 4 digit model year in your subject as prompted. I updated it.

I inserted the photos into your post using this method:

Can new "cat whiskers" (the piece on the outside of the door, shielding the window channel from water) be installed without dismantling the interior door? I found two screws (pics) that look like the only things holding it in place, and both are accessible with the window rolled down. One at the back side of the door, one at the front. Just unscrew them and install the new piece?

View attachment 18589View attachment 18590
No, there will be several clips also holding it down. (Have you looked at the new strip? It should have them). You kinda have to pull up and out at the same time.

Thanks for the description- haven’t received the new parts. I’m being told they’re back ordered til November. But just to clarify- it sounds like this can be done without dismantling the interior door and window, right?

Thanks for the description- haven’t received the new parts. I’m being told they’re back ordered til November. But just to clarify- it sounds like this can be done without dismantling the interior door and window, right?
Can be done w/o disassembly.

Back