1966 Armrest Vinyl repair color matching

autocthon
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Found what is normally considered a "barn find", A '66 Landau that was old folk driven until about 25 or 30 years ago, then parked in a closed garage. Everything (with normal exceptions such as tires) is OEM, including the spare. Has 107000 miles on the 390FE, only hard to find problem so far is the driver door panel. There's a slight tear in the armrest and body oil discoloration on it. The rip I can repair but I'm having the devil of a time finding some matching ivy gold vinyl paint/dye. My code is 58 but it seems that Ford had light Ivy Gold also and maybe another shade. Any ideas out there? Also, isn't there supposed to be a vapor barrier behind the door panels? All the GM's I've worked on had them but not this tbird although the cardboard is pristine.

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You might take the door card to a local auto paint shop to see if they can match the color. They may then be able to mix an aerosol ca to match with a flexer or possibly a vinyl spray. Good luck. Other possibilities include *****************. Ask around at a local club.
good luck, J.

Ive updated your subject to reflect what your post is about and added the model year. Please follow the posting directions tips that were sent.
12604_e634d8db2ff8947fb9e1cd6c7ad78a23.jpg

Found what is normally considered a "barn find", A '66 Landau that was old folk driven until about 25 or 30 years ago, then parked in a closed garage. Everything (with normal exceptions such as tires) is OEM, including the spare. Has 107000 miles on the 390FE, only hard to find problem so far is the driver door panel. There's a slight tear in the armrest and body oil discoloration on it. The rip I can repair but I'm having the devil of a time finding some matching ivy gold vinyl paint/dye. My code is 58 but it seems that Ford had light Ivy Gold also and maybe another shade. Any ideas out there? Also, isn't there supposed to be a vapor barrier behind the door panels? All the GM's I've worked on had them but not this tbird although the cardboard is pristine.
If you take a sample to an auto paint store they can mix vinyl paint to match. There should be a moisture barrier on the door.. Somebody had the door panel off at some point and removed it.

Back