1965 Upholstery & convertible top replacement cost

CRS 65bird

CRS 65bird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1965 Thunderbird convertible and would like to know how much it cost to install a new convertible top and install leather upholstery front and back seat covers with new foam. I bought the convertible top, leather upholster and foam kits from Pat's Thunderbird.

Thanks in advance,
Clay

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

No need to include the make or model of your car in the subject on future posts. Edited.

I can tell you that if you buy a top with the "good" material; e.g. Haartz Stayfast like the BMWs and Jaguars have the top and installation will be cbetween $800 and $1,000 in the Orlando area... (About $500 or a bit more for labor)

You can install then yourself but one mistake and you're starting over with a new top. If you go with original vinyl you can save some money. I only use the Stayfast material, nearly indestructible.

Getting my 60's Corvette seats reupholsted was about $600 in labor, done by a top expert; it took him a full day...and that was only two seats.. I'm talking springs, burlap, foam and cover materials.

These prices are from about 4 years ago.

I can tell you that if you buy a top with the "good" material; e.g. Haartz Stayfast like the BMWs and Jaguars have the top and installation will be cbetween $800 and $1,000 in the Orlando area... (About $500 or a bit more for labor)

You can install then yourself but one mistake and you're starting over with a new top. If you go with original vinyl you can save some money. I only use the Stayfast material, nearly indestructible.

Getting my 60's Corvette seats reupholsted was about $600 in labor, done by a top expert; it took him a full day...and that was only two seats.. I'm talking springs, burlap, foam and cover materials.

These prices are from about 4 years ago.
Thanks Frank,
That gives me a ballpark on the price and that is what I was looking for. BTW: I live in Southern Maryland, about 35 miles from DC , so I'm sure the prices will be higher.
Thanks again!
Clay

Thanks Frank,
That gives me a ballpark on the price and that is what I was looking for. BTW: I live in Southern Maryland, about 35 miles from DC , so I'm sure the prices will be higher.
Thanks again!
Clay
I lived and worekd in Leonardtown in the late 90's; before the area "blew out" when the Navy commands moved in...
There were a few outfits that did classic car work there back then but you should check for some more recent recommendations.

I have a 1965 Thunderbird convertible and would like to know how much it cost to install a new convertible top and install leather upholstery front and back seat covers with new foam. I bought the convertible top, leather upholster and foam kits from Pat's Thunderbird.

Thanks in advance,
Clay
Hi Clay, I have a 66 T-Bird convertible and was wondering if you had an luck locating installers in the DC area? Thanks, Jim

Back