1965 T bird aluminum mags.

Darel
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 65 coupe and want to put a set of old school aftermarket mags or slots preferably swap meet finds. Now with the disc brakes and taking off the fender skirts and don't want to do any body mods. What is the widest width of rim and size of tire you can go without rubbing. I want to stay with 15" rims. Thanks Darel

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a 65 coupe and want to put a set of old school aftermarket mags or slots preferably swap meet finds. Now with the disc brakes and taking off the fender skirts and don't want to do any body mods. What is the widest width of rim and size of tire you can go without rubbing. I want to stay with 15" rims. Thanks Darel

Hi Darel. This is the setup on my '64. Not sure what the brand of mag wheel is. The tires are P235/60R15. With this setup, the fender skirts if they were to be installed will rub on the tires. Doug

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi Darel. This is the setup on my '64. Not sure what the brand of mag wheel is. The tires are P235/60R15. With this setup, the fender skirts if they were to be installed will rub on the tires. Doug
Nice doug we have same color bird black and red wanted paint steel rim red .with baby moons and 15" beauty rings

Hey Darryl, would love to see a pic of your car if you can send one. Where are you located? Doug

My wife was born and raised in Hays, KS

Back