1965 Recommended Fuel injection

I have a Holly Sniper Fuel Injection on my 68 Mustang. It was very easy to install and it works great. It is not cheap. I think with everything including the in-tank fuel pump it was around 1600.00

I have a Holly Sniper Fuel Injection on my 68 Mustang. It was very easy to install and it works great. It is not cheap. I think with everything including the in-tank fuel pump it was around 1600.00
Did you need to make a return line to the tank? What other modifications were necessary?
Thank you, J.

In my case Holly makes it very easy, I didn't need a return line because they had a relief valve built into the pump. They make pump kits for Mustangs, Cameros and probably a few other cars. I'm also building a 1979 Ford F-250 4x4 w/ a 460 and will use the Holly system on that truck. I will have to run a return lie. Before I bought my 1st system I called Holly's tech section and spoke in length with them.

Go to www.holley.com ... They have several system on their website to look at. Download the PDF instruction and installation manual. This will tell you what all is involved in installing one of their systems. I have the MSD Atomic EFI and it is a great upgrade.. I would do the return system, it seems to make things less problematic.
Take care
Ed

is a fuel injection conversion going to stop the hard start?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, what have you done to diagnose the hard start issue? If it's only after sitting long periods an electric fuel pump could be a solution.

It could be that Holley is the only co that offers the system W.O. the return. It is a lot easier to install. Holley also makes a dist. that talks to the Sniper. I already had a Holley Dist . The Sniper will regulate the timing, so it's more efficent. Just remember to let the pump build pressure before you start. Takes maybe 2-3 sec. My daughter's Mustang sits a lot. It took care of her problem.

is a fuel injection conversion going to stop the hard start?

Maybe, what have you done to diagnose the hard start issue? If it's only after sitting long periods an electric fuel pump could be a solution.
That was what I was Thinking. What are the symptoms? Mal adjusted or inoperable choke? Throttle pump not priming the intake?

I was talking today about a carb for my 55, this guy is a outstanding motor guy, he said the

Holley Sniper EFI Self-Tuning Fuel Injection Systems 550-510 is the near perfect solution to a carb. If I work on a carb it will never work again. This one learns and is adjustable. I am going to read up more, once I get one he said he would help me, Great I need it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back