1965 original interior blue color code

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have been trying find the correct color code for the blue interior in my 65. I'm finding that there were several different shades of blue, so I'd like to make sure I match what I have. What's a good source for carpet and vinyl dyes?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have been trying find the correct color code for the blue interior in my 65. I'm finding that there were several different shades of blue, so I'd like to make sure I match what I have. What's a good source for carpet and vinyl dyes?
What is the TRIM code on the data plate? it is important because there was blue, turquoise, and silver blue materials. I get these kind of parts for my '64 from Bird Nest in Oregon. www.tbirdparts.com The Silver Blue paint I got was a perfect match. But beware if you are trying to piece together an interior, you will likely run into issues with old vs. new hues, old materials will fade even if parked out of the sun. Your question is pretty general, get the specific information about trim codes, and what part of the interior are you talking about, and what is the goal? I suggest you call Bird Nest. They have everything including carpet. I installed new carpet on both of my '64s in about 2 hours, perfect fit, quality materials, right price. But get your trim code in hand before you call them. This image came from Auto Color Library it is the paint mix codes for finished interior pieces, page 3 of the color chips. Note that in 1965 you have to look for "Lincoln and Thunderbird" colors, do not search for "Ford".
Untitled7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back