1965 Interior wiring identification

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello everyone, just bought this 65 thunderbird and got it home and starting to look over everything and noticed some wires hanging. I have some pictures attached. Just trying to get a little assistance on where they go and what they do. Just trying to see if she will turn over is my first goal but I BDF78EDB-EE03-4096-AEC6-EC373D87F829.jpeg24E297E8-5B6B-4162-94C1-0FE12C2CA023.jpeg5C8D3041-9921-42B3-9521-1AC791586EA7.jpeg91D80C4F-72E0-4D78-8606-9EE5636EDFFB.jpegwanna figure these wires out first. Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post to the forums, you will get better results with a subject that summarizes what your post is about. "insufficient verifiable income" could mean just about anything. Also, since we are an all Ford Thunderbirds site, you can omit the make/model of the car from future posts.

Summarize-Post.jpg

The maintenance service manual will help and you can get a pdf download for under $20. The only comment I can make from seeing the pictures on my phone is that the solid red and black wires are not factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like someone had a big stereo system in it before. Typically I remove all of the non stock wiring out of older cars that I aquire.

Thank y’all for the replies! Another thing kinda wiring related is this fuse box. Noticed my dash lights aren’t working and the fuse for it was fine but the bracket seems to be completely gone on one side. How would I go about fixing a fuse bracket like this?
3C1C3D5A-AD07-4A3D-8CAB-6511C5729FF0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a little more fun... The easiest way is to remove the wires from the broken terminal and use an inline fuse holder. Or you can check out the Thunderbird specialty houses and see if you can get a replacement fuse box without replacing the harness.

That's a little more fun... The easiest way is to remove the wires from the broken terminal and use an inline fuse holder. Or you can check out the Thunderbird specialty houses and see if you can get a replacement fuse box without replacing the harness.
The inline fuse seems to be the best quick fix for right now. Guessing I would need to remove the panel to remove the wires. As for the other brackets, I plan to clean that rust and corrosion up. Thanks!

Back