1965 electric choke power from Window Regulator Safety Relay

seeker2736

seeker2736

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have just replaced my 4100 Autolite carburetor with a Holley Street Demon that has an electric chock. I was thinking about hooking up the positive side of the chock to the Window Regulator Safety Relay. Would this cause a problem or should I hook it up to the alternator

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You need to hook that up to switched power, that way it won't drain the battery.

You can hook it to the alt side at the regulator

I have just replaced my 4100 Autolite carburetor with a Holley Street Demon that has an electric chock. I was thinking about hooking up the positive side of the chock to the Window Regulator Safety Relay. Would this cause a problem or should I hook it up to the alternator
You can hook it to the output side of the relay, the same terminal that feeds the windows their power which is only when the ignition is on.

A good solution instead of running the wire through the firewall to the ignition switch. Should be able integrate it into the existing wire harness so it looks like it should be there.

Back