1965- Difference on reclining & non-reclining seat covers

projo198
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
For a 1965 Thunderbird; is there a difference between the seat covers on a reclining passenger seat vs. a non-reclining passenger .

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Short answer, is, Yes. There is a difference on the passenger side seat back. It is shorter than the non-headrest seat back, to account for the headrest.
Seat cushion is the same. I have a '66 with the reclining seat/headrest option, and I have replaced mine. (different part numbers)

Your title "Are they all the same? (1965 hardtop)" does not summarize your post. I have revised for you to "1965- Difference on reclining & non-reclining seat covers"
model-year-TBF.jpg

Short answer, is, Yes. There is a difference on the passenger side seat back. It is shorter than the non-headrest seat back, to account for the headrest.
Seat cushion is the same. I have a '66 with the reclining seat/headrest option, and I have replaced mine. (different part numbers)

Thank you very much Poppy! I'll take a look at my own seats to see what you're talking about. With the cost and lead time ordering I'd rather get things right the 1st time.

Thanks again!

Back