1964 window regulator removal help

Ezdarryl58
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Help can't figure out how to remove window regulator. I've mange to remove my motor from it to remove and replace motor but can't figure out how to remove reglator.

Attachments

• 20200421_030527.jpg
    20200421_030527.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200421_030544.jpg
    20200421_030544.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200421_030510.jpg
    20200421_030510.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Updated your subject to summarize your post. Good subjects get more responses.

1964 window regulator changed to 1964 window regulator removal help

Hey there EZDarryl. Is this on the front or rear (quarter) window? I'll be tackling my left rear quarter window soon and will be looking for ideas.

Doug

Front drivers window. I finally figured it out there are 3 philip head screws, then the one is a 3/8 nut under reglator plate. Then comes odd. Also need to remove spring if u have any questions just message me .

Hey Ezdarry158, I did this job as well on my 65. It comes out pretty easily once you detach it, but I found it difficult to put back in alone, I had a friend help me hold the window in the right place so I could re-align everything.

Also, I didn't need to replace my window motor, by the way that things is a chonk! After I disconnected it I cleaned it out and shot some PB Blaster in there. Then I reconnected it without reattaching it. I moved the window switch up and down and up and down and it moved a t little. Then a little bit more, and then more, and after a while she was completely free! I greased her up heavily and put 'er back together! That window works so great now. Can't say the same for the others. Will probably attack the passenger side window sometime soon this year.

Cheers.

Hey Ezdarry158, I did this job as well on my 65. It comes out pretty easily once you detach it, but I found it difficult to put back in alone, I had a friend help me hold the window in the right place so I could re-align everything.

Also, I didn't need to replace my window motor, by the way that things is a chonk! After I disconnected it I cleaned it out and shot some PB Blaster in there. Then I reconnected it without reattaching it. I moved the window switch up and down and up and down and it moved a t little. Then a little bit more, and then more, and after a while she was completely free! I greased her up heavily and put 'er back together! That window works so great now. Can't say the same for the others. Will probably attack the passenger side window sometime soon this year.

Cheers.
Thanks it has been an experience. But also when completed, the feeling of i did it is well worth it 2 1/2 years and still going lol

Back