1964 vehicle registration in UK

Colin
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone I am new to the group I bought 2 thunderbirds at an auctioning in the UK from a collection in Kuwait, They came as non runners one with no keys and the most problematic no paperwork so i am trying to get a birth certificate or certificate of conformity from fords or a registered car club so that I can register them in my name can anyone guide me forward,The uk vehicle agency records for US cars do not go back far enough they are fairly rust free but need a bit of tinkering I now have them running so huge relief there one is a 1960 vin code OY71Y192082 in black the other 1964 vin code 4Y83Z125594 in lemon. Once i fix the brakes on the 64 its ready for driving can't wait, So any help would be much appreciated best regards to all Colin

The 1964 is registered in the Thunderbird Registery, the 1960 is not.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Registry Number28536
1964.jpg

The Thunderbird Registery is maintained by John Rotella. John became a member of this forum last year- @TBR . John will know more about this and I'm sure he can help you.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blie

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: TBR
If you send images of the VIN tracing or picture of the 1964 VIN from the engine area you can get the original factory invoice from Marti Auto Works. This is the only Ford paperwork that exists in an official status. Sorry for the 1960 there is no Ford documentation. Please look at the Marti Auto Works page for instructions on getting that invoice. The invoice is not a Marti Report, I understand that many people confuse the issue and end up getting rejected by the order page. As a side note the VIN of the '60 begins with the numeral "ZERO" 0 not the letter O as in ocean.

Attachments

• rn1-gate-release 2.jpg
    rn1-gate-release 2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 5
Back