1964 Trying replace and paint center console. But can't get knobs off heater a/ selector levels

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If I'm not mistaken, you use an Allen wrench to loosen the set screws on the bottom of each knob. But I'm not sure if you really have to remove them. Geez, it's been a long time ago, but I think you remove the trim plate, then that assembly comes out as a unit. There's a connector or two, and a bunch of vacuum hoses, all with color codes on them. My advice, get out your cell phone and snap a few pictures before you start pulling hoses.

If I'm not mistaken, you use an Allen wrench to loosen the set screws on the bottom of each knob. But I'm not sure if you really have to remove them. Geez, it's been a long time ago, but I think you remove the trim plate, then that assembly comes out as a unit. There's a connector or two, and a bunch of vacuum hoses, all with color codes on them. My advice, get out your cell phone and snap a few pictures before you start pulling hoses.
Il check thanks gary.

1964 Thunderbird seems im not able to remove knobs off heater selector levers
Just found thius forum and your posting. I have a 66 parts car that if you need the heater knobs or other parts, we can make it possible

1964 Thunderbird seems im not able to remove knobs off heater selector levers
I am relying on my memory from when I was a mechanic, so it may be faulty, but as I recall, if you can look underneath the knob, you will see an allen wrench, or a phillips set screw. It is very small and difficult to access, but that should get the knob off.

Back