1964 Top stuck, relay clicks

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just got a 1964 thunderbird and I’m having problem with the top. Does not go down when I hit the switch you can hear a relay click but that’s about it. I been trying to work it with a power pro and check power cable on the relays. The car it’s been sitting for 20 years I done everything to get the car running already but the top keeps giving me a headache. Any suggestions,is anyone in Plantation fl or close that could help me fix it

I just got a 1964 thunderbird and I’m having problem with the top. Does not go down when I hit the switch you can hear a relay click but that’s about it. I been trying to work it with a power pro and check power cable on the relays. The car it’s been sitting for 20 years I done everything to get the car running already but the top keeps giving me a headache. Any suggestions,is anyone in Plantation fl or close that could help me fix it
Not sure if you mean the ragtop will not go down or the decklid will not go down. Lots of different possible issues. John is very knowledgeable on the entire system and also offers a new relay system. There are also good youtube videos you should look at such at
and vintage thunderbird repair has many videos on this topic such as

Perhaps the number one "guru" of Thunderbirds, and their tops is Tom Chitwood. He lives in Florida and can be reached at (386) 290-9982.

Back