1964 TBird Emergency flashers + dash mess

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Replaced headlight and dimmer switch all dash lights head and taillights work but no emergency flasher i looked everywhere under dash cant find it found yellow and green wire cut underneath possibly wires for emergency flasher cant find in shop manual
Any help guys ?

@Ezdarryl58 - I have had some experience with this as you can see lol. In post #30 above I have a video of my flashers working. I have a bank of red lights and a switch on either side of them - does your dash setup look like mine in the video?

The green wire is probably not what you are looking for - My flasher uses a red/white, yellow/red, wire and yellow wire - take a look at pictures of it in post #28 (I am not going from memory here, just the pictures my self, I will have to go look tomorrow in the car and tell you the wire colors exactly.)

The emergency flasher is really hidden up in the passenger side dash, right under the fuse panel. Take the fuse panel off, a remove the trim around the fuse panel - it's just a few screws and you will have full access as you see above. I will try and snap some specific shots tomorrow with my phone and post them. Go over to the passenger side though, take the fuse panel and I guess you call it the kick plate off and reach up in the dash right above the fuse box. You should be rewarded with a cylinder shaped object in your fingers, make sure to easily pull it down to where you can see it - there should be slack enough for that. You will have to dig deep.

Still waiting on my wiring diagrams to show up - so I cannot be much help that way - but I will try and help however I can.

Sorry I am late to the party folks - my mother dying...and right in front of me has really messed me up. MUCH LOVE TO ALL YOU GUYS - YOU ALL HAVE HELPED ME SO MUCH!

Disclaimer - a Clown owned my car before I did - he hacked every system up including the electrical system

Replaced headlight and dimmer switch all dash lights head and taillights work but no emergency flasher i looked everywhere under dash cant find it found yellow and green wire cut underneath possibly wires for emergency flasher cant find in shop manual
Any help guys ?

@Ezdarryl58 :

As promised here are the pictures. The flasher - at least in my 64 - has a white/red, yellow, and a red/white wire(s) going to it. Good luck! If I can help further let me know.

IMG_20190610_130351.jpg IMG_20190610_130603.jpg IMG_20190610_130605.jpg

My 64 is early and does not have emergency flashers and has a three post signal flasher mounted under the dash near the steering column.
Also early 64s have a turn signal relay mounted near the flasher as well. Green/red wire with two black wires. Funny looking angled plug.

@Ezdarryl58 :

As promised here are the pictures. The flasher - at least in my 64 - has a white/red, yellow, and a red/white wire(s) going to it. Good luck! If I can help further let me know.

View attachment 4135 View attachment 4136 View attachment 4137
What side of the car is it umder? Cant find but one next to sterring column . I have a red white wire yellow and a black hanging that incant find on wiring diagarm under the drivers dash thought mabey it was just missing

Does anyone have any idea where these 4 wires go ? Passinger side above fuse box was seraching for my flasher. Cant seem to track wires in my shop manuel .or schematic i down loaded. Four wires looks like 2 green 1 black .1 red

Attachments

• 20190709_081640.jpg
    20190709_081640.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190709_081615.jpg
    20190709_081615.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190709_081614.jpg
    20190709_081614.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Does anyone have any idea where these 4 wires go ? Passinger side above fuse box was seraching for my flasher. Cant seem to track wires in my shop manuel .or schematic i down loaded. Four wires looks like 2 green 1 black .1 red

The flasher for the 64 is behind the safety convenient panel in the middle of the dash. Take that unit down and reach to the right and there will be your flasher.

Back