1964 radio continuous 12 volt source

Y
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am trying to upgrade the radio in my 1964 Thunderbird convertible. The new stereo requires a continuous 12v wire. What is the easiest way to add one? Is there a way to wire it from the fuse box?
Thanks in advance!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am trying to upgrade the radio in my 1964 Thunderbird convertible. The new stereo requires a continuous 12v wire. What is the easiest way to add one? Is there a way to wire it from the fuse box?
Thanks in advance!
Any circuit that has constant voltage other than running a wire to the battery, I would think the brake light circuit is always hot. The radio memory circuit will pull no more current than an electric clock and maybe less.

I connected to the cigar lighter for mine.

Did you pull the wire from the fuse that goes to the lighter or did you split it off from the lighter itself?
I wired it directly to the lighter, it’s a constant source of power.

Thanks. Are you able to send me a picture of the connection to the lighter? Also which wire/circuit did you use for the 12v accessory connection?
TIA

Back