1964 Power steering belt rubbing

Ezdarryl8
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Put new power steering pump on my 64 tbird ,having problem with belt rubbing bottom radiator hose, anyone ever had this problem? And how doo correct it, novice and cut figure it out everything looks line up fine

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Did the new pump come with a pully and you used it? Never assume aftermarket parts are just a swap out. Check against your original pully. There may be a difference in diameter you didn't notice when just getting the job done. You may just need to swap them out, plus you can keep one more original part on it.

Model year has been added. to your subject.
12604_e634d8db2ff8947fb9e1cd6c7ad78a23.jpg

Does your car have air conditioning? You may have the wrong pump. Is your belt the right length? Could you show us a picture? Worth a thousand words.

Did the new pump come with a pully and you used it? Never assume aftermarket parts are just a swap out. Check against your original pully. There may be a difference in diameter you didn't notice when just getting the job done. You may just need to swap them out, plus you can keep one more original part on it.
Had to us old pulley

Have made error more than once installing a pully. What looks straight by eyeing is deceiving on belt alignment. If you can put as long a straight edge on belt pully you can and compare distance along pwr steering belt length. Even a piece of string will do.

Back