1964 HT- retrofitting the low fuel flasher convenience package

atomman50

atomman50

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I’m retrofitting the convenience package to my 64 HT. Can anyone tell me where the power to the low fuel flasher relay is from. Wiring diagrams show two possible points= one direct to 12V at starter relay and the second from the “S” post at the starter relay. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I’m retrofitting the convenience package to my 64 HT. Can anyone tell me where the power to the low fuel flasher relay is from. Wiring diagrams show two possible points= one direct to 12V at starter relay and the second from the “S” post at the starter relay. Thanks
Power to the "S" post on the starter solenoid is only available when the ignition key is held in the 'Start' position.

Attachments

• starter-solenoid-wiring-diagram c.jpg
    starter-solenoid-wiring-diagram c.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 4
thank you. So the low fuel relay is constant energized but will not complete circuit and energize warning light until sending thermistor senses low fuel

thank you. So the low fuel relay is constant energized but will not complete circuit and energize warning light until sending thermistor senses low fuel
"constant" ?
More likely it's powered only when the ignition key is in the 'run' or possibly the 'accessory' position.

Back