1964 exhaust with or without resonators & aluminum vs stainless

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
With or without resonators. Does it matter? Just what do resonators do? I have already settled on aluminized vs. stainless...going to go with aluminized unless someone knowledgeble here convinces me otherwise Here's to 2022!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If you use a title that summarizes your post you will get more responses. I will update your title "1964 - putting in a new exhaust this Spring" now, but the subscription notices already went out with the generic title.

With or without resonators. Does it matter? Just what do resonators do? I have already settled on aluminized vs. stainless...going to go with aluminized unless someone knowledgeble here convinces me otherwise Here's to 2022!
It all depends on how quiet you want it. T-Birds were always considered a luxury car by Ford so they tried to make them as quiet as possible with a big (at the time ) V8. I would go with the resonators unless you want a little more rumble. They turn the rumble into a purr but still sounding powerful. I would also go with the aluminized. The SS is basically for show cars. The aluminized will probably outlast you.

I put Kepich aluminized exhaust on my ‘65 25 years ago. Still looks great. I got the resonators because that’s how it came originally. Wanted the appropriate tone, but if you want a different note with perhaps a little more pulsation, deleting the resonators will do that.

Back