1964 dual system master cylinder

BigClay

BigClay

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Thought I’d share this. I recently converted my ‘64 Convertible to 4 wheel disc brakes. Today I added a “dual system” Master Cylinder. I tried the custom unit available from a TBird supplier that has the brake line fittings on the right side, but quickly noticed that if installed, I would never be able to remove the driver side valve cover. (Unacceptable!). In the attached picture, it’s the one in the middle. I wanted a early corvette master, but we all know they won’t fit with the under hood supports. (Because a corvette has 4 wheel discs). With little research and some minor modifications, I have made the perfect replacement! A 2006 Corvette master cylinder with the reservoir turned 90 degrees. Fabricated a hose connection to front port, everything fits, and it’s half the weight as stock.
IMG_9730.jpegIMG_9732.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your post title should be a summary of what the post is about. Your title "1964 Disc Brake Conversion" has been revised.

Back