1964 Disc brake install questions

Garret Swanson

Garret Swanson

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello so here is another question for the long journey with my disc brakes (thank you so much for helping me through this.) so this is the rear disc brake conversation on my car and the problem i have having connection is the "cable housing" and i do not know if i need to either
1. remove the cable housing because that's only for drum brakes.
or
2. find a way to connect the ebrake disc brake

here is the link to the kit i bought

reason that i want disc brakes.
i just like disc brakes more then drum just because drum in my opinion are more dangerous.

Inkedimage0_LI.jpgdiscbrake questions.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use the 4 digit model year on future posts. This aids with the site search and search engines. ALso, since we are an all Thunderbird site, there is no need to include this in the subject.

model-year-TBF.jpg

Hello so here is another question for the long journey with my disc brakes (thank you so much for helping me through this.) so this is the rear disc brake conversation on my car and the problem i have having connection is the "cable housing" and i do not know if i need to either
1. remove the cable housing because that's only for drum brakes.
or
2. find a way to connect the ebrake disc brake

here is the link to the kit i bought

reason that i want disc brakes.
i just like disc brakes more then drum just because drum in my opinion are more dangerous.

View attachment 18635View attachment 18636
The circled items what is this: those appear to be the brake lines from the caliper to the brake line on the axle housing.

Back