1964 decode engine code stamp

64TbirdCross

64TbirdCross

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anyone help me decipher this engine code? I've found others but no prevail. Just askin to figure it out.
20230213_194125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help me decipher this engine code? I've found others but no prevail. Just askin to figure it out.
View attachment 26718
Where is the stamping located, precisely? And what does it say? The picture is of no help (to me) maybe if you could crop it down so it is easier to read....

Those look more like Date Code numbers to me ???

Do a google search on the words... Ford FE Engine Block Casting Numbers and you'll find several helpful pages and charts.

Where is the stamping located, precisely? And what does it say? The picture is of no help (to me) maybe if you could crop it down so it is easier to read....
Its a service block with the vertical lines on the outside of the block. These are located by the oil pump. The only block I've seen with the E1 and the vertical lines has been a 428 service block. Just tryin too figure it all out. I just recently got it running good and hopin I got a decent block.20230301_183234.jpg

Its a service block with the vertical lines on the outside of the block. These are located by the oil pump. The only block I've seen with the E1 and the vertical lines has been a 428 service block. Just tryin too figure it all out. I just recently got it running good and hopin I got a decent block.View attachment 26775
E1 1:F9

Those are possibly markers for mold identification. There are no bad F/E blocks.

Externally, you cannot tell. However look behind the harmonic balancer for a weight. Only a 410/428 has it.

Back