1964 brake master cylinder modification | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

1964 brake master cylinder modification

• Thread starter Thread starter stevetheweave1
  • Start date Start date
S

stevetheweave1

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
I am not familiar with any other cars than 1964 but this was unbelievably easy to modify master cylinder to dual piston master cylinder. Brake lines only needed very minor tweak with bare hands to align. Used original factory distribution block, parts needed were a pipe thread coupler for the brake light switch and I had to make a short piece of brake line to connect distribution block to master cylinder. The master cylinder was from ABS brakes in California and it has ports on the left and right hand sides. I do not have a part number but if you describe to them what I said they will know what you are asking for. I did not install a proportioning valve because I have four wheel drum brakes. I’m sure I could have done a better job but I am just looking at it as an easy safety improvement. If you want something done fast give it to the lazy guy. Tried to post a photo but it would not work will update later.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Strut brace goes back in place with no cutting on it to fit.

Attachments

• 1B9753BF-FBC9-4843-9A8B-3EFBD9E3E25B.jpeg
    1B9753BF-FBC9-4843-9A8B-3EFBD9E3E25B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 22A65420-49DF-4E06-A2FB-BDB6AFB88BBE.jpeg
    22A65420-49DF-4E06-A2FB-BDB6AFB88BBE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
That's not bad for a ''lazy guy'' 🙂 , simple is often the best way! Like the idea of using the original T block too.

I am not familiar with any other cars than 1964 but this was unbelievably easy to modify master cylinder to dual piston master cylinder. Brake lines only needed very minor tweak with bare hands to align. Used original factory distribution block, parts needed were a pipe thread coupler for the brake light switch and I had to make a short piece of brake line to connect distribution block to master cylinder. The master cylinder was from ABS brakes in California and it has ports on the left and right hand sides. I do not have a part number but if you describe to them what I said they will know what you are asking for. I did not install a proportioning valve because I have four wheel drum brakes. I’m sure I could have done a better job but I am just looking at it as an easy safety improvement. If you want something done fast give it to the lazy guy. Tried to post a photo but it would not work will update later.
Hey Steve, I can't make out in the photos what happens to the brake line at the bottom of the picture frame as it goes under the T block?

Back