1964 A/C fitting identification question

ak7an
Last seen
Viewing forum list
Thunderbird Year
Looking to identify the A/C fitting that is on the Quick disconnect/ sight glass? I am trying to identify that one that would go on the hose that connects to it. It seems quite different, has an O-ring on the inside and like a little brass valve inside. Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Ed

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Looking to identify the A/C fitting that is on the Quick disconnect/ sight glass? I am trying to identify that one that would go on the hose that connects to it. It seems quite different, has an O-ring on the inside and like a little brass valve inside. Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Ed

Or would anyone know of a web source to find what type of fitting this is? I know it is not a 6 female O-ring, the threads match up, but it will not fit inside past the o-ring on the condenser fitting. I will post a picture later today if that would help.
Thanks again.
Ed

TeeZee,
Thanks so much for the reply, I have been all over Coldhose website and was planning on using there custom hose builder feature to get the hoses I need. I have a #6 female Oring fitting, and the threads match but it will not insert far enough to engage the oring. The inner diameter of the condenser side is smaller and it appears to be a flat check valve with a spring behind it. This one is stumping me. If the picture of the hose on Classic Air's website is correct for a 1964 High pressure liquid line, that wouldn't work either. The condenser is correct for a 1964. I am wondering if there is another part of the condenser side that is missing. Here is a couple of pictures that might help..
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG-2813.JPG
    IMG-2813.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2812.JPG
    IMG-2812.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Ed,,
i am stumped. I'll look at what I have, when I return, but I don't recognize the valve inside the connector.

Could this be an adapter or a seal to protect the dryer dessicant, that could be removed and the hose fitting attached directly to the dryer?

Attachments

• StandardDryer.jpg
    StandardDryer.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
Ed,,
i am stumped. I'll look at what I have, when I return, but I don't recognize the valve inside the connector.

Could this be an adapter or a seal to protect the dryer dessicant, that could be removed and the hose fitting attached directly to the dryer?

You know, I thought about that already, just connect the hose directly to the drier. Well the way the drier is plumed into the condenser that wouldn't work, the drier appears to be between the first and second row of the cooling tubes, so connecting to the drier would eliminate half of the condenser. Unless I can figure out what I need fitting wise, I may wind up taking the condenser to a radiator shop and have that fitting removed and a o-ring fitting welded on.
Thanks again
Ed

I went over the condenser and found that the output of the drier returns to the bottom of the condenser and makes 1 pass to the left and 1 back to the right at the very bottom of the unit. I decided to just have a hose built that would go from the output of the drier to the expansion valve on the evap, bypassing that strange fitting setup. I don't think that this would have any detrimental effect on the condenser performance.
Thanks and go drive those fabulous Tbirds ;)
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back