1964-66 exhaust manifold leak.

Rom324

Rom324

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have heard of these no blow graphite exhaust manifold gaskets about a $60 pair. Anybody have experience with these and are they recommended. Also copper is available for about $42 a set. Are they as good or better or not. Any help would be appreciated

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have heard of these no blow graphite exhaust manifold gaskets about a $60 pair. Anybody have experience with these and are they recommended. Also copper is available for about $42 a set. Are they as good or better or not. Any help would be appreciated
Suggest taking your exhaust manifolds to a machine shop to surface the manifolds. I had a very similar problem on a 1963 Thunderbird. That was the fix for me.

I installed the copper gaskets on my 63 about 6 years ago - they work perfect. They would have been even better if they would have installed themselves, these cars are the hardest things ever built to get to the manifold bolts, especially with 50 years of rust on them.

Make sure that your manifolds are perfectly straight. I had to change twice the gasket on the driver's side. Also, retight your bolts a few times after the engine went hot.

Back