1964 15 inch wheels for KH brake calipers

L

larry tbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
does anyone know what year ford 15 inch wheels will fit over the k/h calipers. I'm changing my drum brakes in front to disc on my 64 bird. I'm using all 65 bird parts. Thanks for the help larry.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I had to change to 15" wheels when I added disk brakes to my '57. Until I could find some real '55-'56 T-Bird wheels I used universal wheels I bought from Coker. The only issue was that the offset pushed the rear wheels out to the point I couldn't use my skirts. If you are only adding disks to the front, you could use those on the fronts and just about any Ford pattern 15" on the back. Still have the Cokers in storage.

"k/h" calipers have 4 pistons? If they are the same as those that were on my 66 Mustang, or like the 4-piston Wilwood calipers on my 55 T-bird, I think just about any 5 x 4 1/2-pattern Ford 15" wheels should clear the calipers. My 55 T-bird's steel wheels are 15 x 5. Measure the width between beads, not from edge to edge.

If you use the correct disc brake you can retain your 14” wheels on a 57, I have a complete set of 15” 1956 thunderbird wheel/tires if anyone is interested.

Your subject has been revised.
modelyear.jpg

thanks to all. my 64 bird has 15 inch wheels on it now. i'm changing front brakes from shoes to disc and using 65 bird parts with the k/h calipers. thanks again larry.

Back