1963 turbo fire T-55E Spark Plugs replacement

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1963 Thunderbird 390 ci and it has turbo fire T-55E plugs in it which are discontinued . How do I find the correct plugs to change them with. I have searched and no where can I find a cross reference for theee old plugs.

Subject "1963 Thunderbird Spark Plugs" changed to "1963 turbo fire T-55E Spark Plugs replacement"

autozone carries a motorcraft sp-431A that is supposed to be a correct replacement. macs has a bsf42ca replacement as well for 4 bucks a piece. autozone will give you a better price.

I have a 1963 Thunderbird 390 ci and it has turbo fire T-55E plugs in it which are discontinued . How do I find the correct plugs to change them with. I have searched and no where can I find a cross reference for theee old plugs.
I think a good modern plug would serve the purpose.

Call FORD Corp...they'll help you out.

I looked at mine last night out of curriosity. I have Autolites in my '63 . Only number on it was a 45.

I decided to change them . I found the Motorcraft plugs at my local store Kneckts for $2.98

Sp_431A as mentioned at beginning of thread. I am changing the points over to pertronix so was going to change them anyway.

Sp_431A as mentioned at beginning of thread. I am changing the points over to pertronix so was going to change them anyway.
The SP431A is probably not the best choice for a 390 - it may cause pinging. It replaces a BF82 - a hotter 6 cylinder plug.
The typical 390 spark plug was a BF42. It was replaced by a Motorcraft SP420A. An Autolite 45 will also work.
If you have a high compression 390, it used a colder BF32 but that plug is no longer available.

I have a set of 6 Turbofire T55E new spark plugs I am willing to sell

Back