1963 special edition Moneco value

johieo

johieo

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi guys. Looking st a 63 special edition for sale at Volo Car Sales but they want 60k for it. Says it was restored at a cost of 105k.
They are not budging on the price. Think it is worth to have a third party inspection and pursue this?

I love Volo as a museum and they sell some top grade cars but the asking prices are sometimes stratospheric. The fact that it's a Principality of Monaco edition makes it somewhat rare but how many people care about (or are even aware of) that distinction? Their ask is nearly twice Hagerty's price guide value for a #1 concours-perfect '63 Town Landau, so that's a lot of premium even if it's the best of the best (which it may well be).

There is NO WAY the car is worth that. And btw I've personally seen THREE Monaco cars, so there are lots of them still out there of the 2,000 built. My guess is anyone who got one took good care of it, so they are still there to be found today. The nicest I ever saw was at a Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale. A primo car, it sold for $26k. Truthfully we all know our cars are often not worth a fraction of what we put into restoring the; it's a labor of love, not profit.
Not sure why Chevelles and Road Runners are worth major $ while the TBirds (and mine draws the biggest crowds at shows) aren't. DON'T PAY THIS FOR THAT CAR.

There is NO WAY the car is worth that. And btw I've personally seen THREE Monaco cars, so there are lots of them still out there of the 2,000 built. My guess is anyone who got one took good care of it, so they are still there to be found today. The nicest I ever saw was at a Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale. A primo car, it sold for $26k. Truthfully we all know our cars are often not worth a fraction of what we put into restoring the; it's a labor of love, not profit.
Not sure why Chevelles and Road Runners are worth major $ while the TBirds (and mine draws the biggest crowds at shows) aren't. DON'T PAY THIS FOR THAT CAR.

I dug some and found the car. My memory is pretty good: it was $26,400 and remember - sold at a prestigious auction house which ups the value. And I know Volo will re-sell cars for just about anyone. I'm not sure if you have to be registered with B-J too see this, but here's the link:

crazy asking price. you can get M code 63 sports roadster for half of that, and it will appreciate in the future. craze volo. Look elsewhere. also all hardtops Monaco or not are worth a lot, even #1 cars. a nice 63 convertible sold at bj last weekend for $23,000! you could put $50k into it and hve a #1 CAR.

According to the attached Hagerty Vehicle Valuation Report:

#1 Concours - $54,700

Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at
the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are
mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles
is "concours."

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• 1963_Ford_Thunderbird.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Awesome! Thank you all. I did pull up the Hagerty report and did search previous recent sales. I just wanted some feed back from Tbird owners. This is a No go for me.

I think that's a good call. If the car is truly concours you wouldn't want to drive it much, if at all; and isn't that the fun of it? Trailer queens are nice to look at, but otherwise. . . . .

Back