1963 Rear window problems

Lizzy
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My rear window has stopped working on my 63 TB.It is in the up position .I left it there for a month which is something I never do.I walways leave it in the halfway position.The switches are new and have worked fine up until now.Should I be looking at a new motor?Or could it be some other problem that I'm missing.I don't think there is a separate fuse for this.

John

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My rear window has stopped working on my 63 TB.It is in the up position .I left it there for a month which is something I never do.I walways leave it in the halfway position.The switches are new and have worked fine up until now.Should I be looking at a new motor?Or could it be some other problem that I'm missing.I don't think there is a separate fuse for this.

John
Could be a bad or dirty connection. You could try holding switch in down position while banging the inside of the quarter panel cover. The motors rarely go bad. Usually a connection, dried out grease or dirty brush contacts in the motor, all of which you can take care of yourself with a little patience and perseverance. Good luck

P2lease follow posting prompts and include model year in your subject. Adding now.
model-year-TBF.jpg

John
I wpuld check your ground before tearing into the wiring, or the motor. The ground is very important.
Buzzy

Just put mine back together, the motors on the rears seem better protected than the front motors which seem to internally rot and rust up. One of my rear quarters keeps detaching from the nylon bushes so sticks up or in any position. BUT you can hear it attempt to move - if yours makes no noise, I'd check the multi pin plug and earth which is via the thermal fuse. On my 62 its under the rear seat right by the bottom of the quarter window.

Back