1963 Power window barely goes down

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The power windows in my 63 work, but the passenger window barely goes down and won't go up. I can disconnect the plug in the door and use a 12v battery and it goes up and down fine so not the motor. I swapped the driver and passenger switches, and the passenger switch rolls the driver motor/window up and down fine and the driver switch has the same result of barely moves the window down and it does not go up at all, so it is not the switch. I test the wiring at the motor, and I get 12.4V both up and down off of the switch, but the down circuit always has 6V even when not in use. I believe this trickling power always on at the motor is the issue. Is it possible i have a bad breaker and how can I test it at the fuse box where it is located? Any other ideas?

Thank you!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The breakers have nothing to do with this issue.
If the switch works well on the other side then you probably have bad wire connectors in the passenger door, or a bad wire.

Back