1963 hardtop trunk courtesy lamp

SLO460

SLO460

Last seen
Hi,
I have just been checking the trunk ( boot in Australia) of my hardtop and I noticed it has a courtesy lamp near the boot lock. It wasn't working so I replaced the globe but the light still does not work. I have traced the wiring but I cant see an actuator switch. Does it work off the headlight switch? or is there something I'm missing.
Cheers Robert

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just looked at the wiring diagrams for 1963 Thunderbird. It is a blue wire directly from the fuse box to that trunk (boot) light. It shows a symbol and says light and switch. Is it possibly a motion switch that makes contact when the trunk (boot) lid is opened? Check for power, use a test light or voltmeter, where the wire feeds into the back of the light assembly. If you have power there then the problem is the light / switch and you might be able to get it working just by cleaning the contacts. If no power there I would check at the fuse box to start.

Will check it out. I am particularly interested in where the swith is actuated from. If i can find that then i should get a better idea.
Cheers

Back